1. My loyalties are basically fluid. I mostly root for the USA, but, if there's a really compelling competitor, like the Kazakhstan cross-country skier gutting it out (without the aid of 22 ski wax experts the Swiss had) and finishing 5 overall, then all bets are off.
2. I don't like to see a podium sweep. It seems unsporting.
3. There are a lot of surprisingly attractive male curlers.
4. The female curlers (I'm looking at you Denmark) wear too many accessories (and skirts? really?).
5. I pretty much root for whoever the figure skating commentators are against, and vice versa. I really hate the figure skating commentators.
6. Shawn White seems cool and is a good snowboarder, but he still has girl hair.
7. Did anyone else notice that incredibly insincere moment between Shawn White and his coach after the former won the gold medal in the half-pipe? The coach had one eye on the camera the whole time, like he was auditioning for a future reality show.
8. I love that P & G commercial with the little kids as Olympians. I prefer the long version of it. It does not, however, make me cry.
9. I spend an inordinate amount of time imagining what it would be like to live in the Olympic Village, specifically, what it would be to eat in the cafeteria, surrounded by Olympians.
10. I watch a lot of Olympic coverage.