a. the existing happiness quotient is multiplied by a zillion with the addition of a giant coke.
2. When we got to California, the fun of Christmas was already in full swing, which is how I happened to be up at 1:30 am on Christmas Eve. This isn't how I like it, because I like to go to bed without anything under the tree, and then wake up surprised at the bounty Santa Claus has left.
3. Allow me to offer you a tip: if you get a chance to take my niece, Sadie, to the dollar store in search of gifts for her brother and sister, take that chance. You will shell out $8 for items of dubious quality, but you will be paid back in cuteness dividends.
4. Even though Silvia called Eclipse a "middle movie", our late night hall conversation about The Hunger Games, literacy, and good writing more than made up for it.
5. James might be right: you really can never have too many fake mustaches.
7. Tomorrow the high in Brooklyn is 23 degrees. In California it is 68.
*this is true. At dinner on Christmas day, my sister, Silvia, said, quite casually, that she thought I'd be a mean drunk. I don't exactly disagree, but, I'll tell you, I was surprised to hear it.