Monday, December 17, 2012
1-7, in ascending order
1. I got all my Christmas shopping done way early, suckers. That's the way to do it. And wrap as you buy.
2. This is Edie's only gift from us. Fingers crossed she doesn't remember all her life.
I tend to be a little anti-decorating. Ultimately, all I see when I see seasonal decor is clean-up. However, I avoid being a total curmudgeon by always doing a bit more than I plan (which is nothing). Apart from my nativity, this is the sum total:
3. A pine cone garland (the day I bought that can of gold spray paint changed my life forever).
4. A ugly lighting fixture gets a Christmas miracle
5. I made this. Like, with my own hands. It turned out a little more wild than I'd intended. Kind of like that Puck crown Robert Sean Leonard puts on in Dead Poet's Society right before he does himself in. Kind of like that. Not intentional, but nice nonetheless.
6., 7. I'm not going to lie about missing New York, but, I'll tell you, New England knows how to do Christmas right. Candles in windows, Christmas trees on wrap-around porches, and this. You win this round, New England.